Safe at Any Age
Gone are the days of awkward entrance ramps and institutional grab bars. Here are a few smart but subtle chnages that help our clients plan for their needs today—and beyond:
- Wider doorways: Larger openings improve access for wheelchairs/walkers while increasing flow, light, and sight lines.
- Handles and pulls: Popular lever design allows for easier faucet and door operation. Opt for long bar pulls over knobs on cabinets.
- Variable heights: Vary counter levels for specific tasks, e.g., eating or baking, to ensure comfort and usability. Position appliances to minimize reaching and bending, too.
- Smart lighting: An appropriate task lighting plan keeps everything within sight—even as eyes change.
- Lower storage: Under-cabinet convenience puts kitchen and bathroom essentials within reach. Rollout shelves bring them even closer.
- Flush thresholds: Even floor surfaces between rooms—and into showers—minimize stumbling effect and increase visual appeal.
- Shower underlayment: Reinforced walls support future installation of additional grab bars, now available to match a range of plumbing fixture suites.
- Low-maintenance materials: Man-made quartz countertops and ceramic or porcelain tiles are easier to keep clean than natural stone.
We call it livability. At CARNEMARK, we design spaces that maximize the comfort and convenience of your home. This core principle drives us to create surroundings that are both practical and pleasing for everyone to use. Careful attention to flow, material selection, lighting, even finishes bring livability within reach of men and women, modern and traditional, tall and short, and young and old.
Simply put, we build beautiful spaces you can live in—no matter who you are.
Ahead of the Curve
Today, more and more homeowners seek us out as they approach retirement. In years past, they added on as their children grew. Later, they created safer spaces for grandchildren. They may have even remodeled to make room for their parents. Now it's time to look within—to focus on how to accommodate their own wishes, wants, and needs.
Our established commitment to livability puts CARNEMARK ahead of the curve with these homeowners, a growing number of whom are intent on "aging in place."
Are you empty nesters looking to remodel an existing family home? A retired couple considering a condo conversion? Or maybe a widow eager to ensure independence? Let us help you achieve the ideal design: a beautiful home that plans for all of the needs you expect—and even those you don't.
Subtle improvements—from wider doorways to lever handles to flush thresholds—are just a few of the changes that can increase your home's livability factor. We work with all of our clients to create spaces that are easy to get around, easy to use, and easy to clean. What's more, we know this design triptych grows all the more important as we age.
Universal livability has always been top of mind at CARNEMARK.
What better way than to achieve sustainability than to design a house where you can live forever?